SWIR Night Vision
Extend ID Range
- A SWIR laser illuminator enables covert ID of targets well beyond what can be identified with I2 or thermal imagers.
- SWIR can image through glass unlike thermal imagers.
See in the Dark
- High resolution covert night vision in total darkness - useful for caves, buildings, or other very low light conditions
- See into shadows - SWIR illuminators light up targets hidden in shadows or vegetation that would be difficult to detect with an I2 device.
Mark Targets Covertly
- SWIR beacons, laser pointers, and laser designators mark red force targets without detection by I2 or thermal imagers.
- Beacons can be very small and easy to attach and conceal on enemy vehicles or structures.
- The flash produced by the beacon is powerful enough to be viewed indirectly, reflecting off the ground.
Distinguish Friend from Foe / Combat ID
- Covertly mark friendly personnel, vehicles, LZ's etc.
- Beacons are easily observable - they produce a much more obvious signal at greater range than a thermal beacon.