Diffraction LTD has an extensive in house rapid prototyping capability for optical, electrical, and mechanical systems. Most of the capability to manufacture electro-optical imaging, illumination, and communication systems exists in house. Where a particular capability is lacking, we have well established relationships with a network of vendors and subcontractors to fill in the gaps.
Our optical prototyping capability includes:
- Optical alignment and assembly
- Spectral analysis and MTF testing
- Production of complex optical lens assemblies
- Manufacture of diffractive and holographic optical elements
- We use an array of closely affiliated vendors for optical coating and custom lens grinding and polishing
Our electrical prototyping capability includes:
- Population, assembly, and conformal coating of single and multi-layer printed circuit boards
- Integration and assembly of PCBs, microprocessors, battery systems, imaging sensors, micro-displays, motors, etc.
- Functional testing, component, and systems testing, and burn-in
- We use an array of closely affiliated vendors for board tracing and flex circuit production
Our mechanical prototyping capability includes:
- Machining (mill and lathe), CNC mill, sheet metal forming, assembly, painting, etc.
- Mechanical testing, environmental testing, and ballistics
- We use an array of closely affiliated vendors for more complicated CNC machining, anodizing, shot peening, and other surface preparations and coatings, injection molding, and SLA and SLS rapid prototyping