Diffraction LTD's optical engineers have many years of experience developing advanced military and commercial optical systems. Prior to their employment at Diffraction LTD, our engineers have developed a diverse array of technology including head mounted displays and other optical systems for the Joint Strike Fighter, fire control systems for the F-16, missile guidance systems, diamond turned Fresnel optics, commercial free space optical communication systems and airborne scanning holographic LIDAR.
At Diffraction, our optical engineering department has designed and built fused night vision devices, clip-on weapon sights, head mounted goggles and monoculars, laser illuminators, pointers, and designators among other things.
The following is a partial list of Diffraction LTD's optical engineering capability:
- Classical optical design: Design and modeling of complex objective lenses (zoom, catadioptric, etc.), eyepieces, HUDs, etc.
- Physical optics modeling and simulation: Complex modeling of light propagation including atmospheric effects, reflection, refraction, diffraction, and simulation of complex components such as I2 tubes and displays
- Diffractive optics: Design and optimization of diffractive and holographic lenses and near and far field diffusers
- Night vision performance modeling: Calculation of the probability of detection, recognition, and identification using the IINVD, NVTHERM, Johnson Criteria, and other models
- Emitter design: Design of and modeling of laser diodes, LEDs, photonic crystals and other sources